Financial Powers of Attorney - Myth Busters. You may be surprised!
In Canada, financial Powers of Attorney are important advance planning documents, which let you choose another adult to make decisions on your behalf. Not having one can create problems, but having one can create problems too! This seminar will provide a solid base of understanding of different types of powers of attorney, how laws are different in each Canadian jurisdiction, common mistakes, uses and abuses.
- Learning the key terminology and differences between Powers of Attorney and Wills.
- understanding the basics of how a financial Power of Attorney works and dispelling common myths
- recognizing and understanding the differences - general, enduring, springing, limited etc.
- awareness of innocent and predatory misuse / abuse of power of attorney
- learning tips towards good practice for assisting clients to the fullest extent
Step 1: Resource Material. Click Below to download and review support material:
Step 2: Feature Presentation. Click on ‘Launch’ to load the module presentation:
Step 3: Review the Quiz Instructions and Tips. The option to start the quiz will not be available until you complete the module presentation.
To load the quiz, you must 'Refresh' this page after completing the Feature Presentation lesson. To Refresh the page, click on the F5 key or click on the reload symbol to the right of the address bar. Remember -- the quiz will not be available to load until you have viewed the full presentation.
5 questions associated with this module will be downloaded.
You must receive a score of at least 75% (4/5 questions answered correctly) to successfully complete this module.
If you do not achieve a score of 75% with your first try, don't worry, as you will be given the opportunity to retry the quiz, and another set of 5 questions will be made available to you.
Since the questions are selected randomly from a pool of questions, some of the questions may or may not be the same as the previous quiz.
You will notice that once you have completed a question, the correct answer will be highlighted in green, and any incorrect selection that was made will be highlighted in pink.
- Although we wanted to create reasonably challenging questions, we did not intend to create 'trick' questions. If it feels like a trick question to you -- please re-read the question carefully and ask yourself what fact or concept is being questioned.
- This is NOT a timed quiz. Take all the time you need to consider the question and make your best selection.
- Be attentive to questions asking which statement is NOT correct, or if all statements are correct EXCEPT.
- If you have read the question carefully, your first impression of the correct answer is usually the right choice to make.
Smile and Relax! We have provided you with every opportunity to do well.