Private Care Arrangements - All Under One Roof?
This session will train you to better recognize private care arrangements - typically a promise to provide care to an older adult in exchange for a large asset.often the family house. While private care arrangements are common, few clients have "thought this through". This session will raise 20 common "what ifs", and provide suggestions for you to assist your clients in considering whether to enter into a private care arrangements, and if so, how best to protect their rights.
- recognizing a private care arrangement - open or hidden
- knowing key questions to ask - the "what ifs"
- triggering to issues of cultural appropriateness
- awareness of how private care arrangements may affect wills, gifts, etc.
Step 1: Resource Material. Click Below to download and review support material:
Step 2: Feature Presentation. Click on ‘Launch’ to load the module presentation:
Step 3: Review the Quiz Instructions and Tips. The option to start the quiz will not be available until you complete the module presentation.
To load the quiz, you must 'Refresh' this page after completing the Feature Presentation lesson. To Refresh the page, click on the F5 key or click on the reload symbol to the right of the address bar. Remember -- the quiz will not be available to load until you have viewed the full presentation.
5 questions associated with this module will be downloaded.
You must receive a score of at least 75% (4/5 questions answered correctly) to successfully complete this module.
If you do not achieve a score of 75% with your first try, don't worry, as you will be given the opportunity to retry the quiz, and another set of 5 questions will be made available to you.
Since the questions are selected randomly from a pool of questions, some of the questions may or may not be the same as the previous quiz.
You will notice that once you have completed a question, the correct answer will be highlighted in green, and any incorrect selection that was made will be highlighted in pink.
- Although we wanted to create reasonably challenging questions, we did not intend to create 'trick' questions. If it feels like a trick question to you -- please re-read the question carefully and ask yourself what fact or concept is being questioned.
- This is NOT a timed quiz. Take all the time you need to consider the question and make your best selection.
- Be attentive to questions asking which statement is NOT correct, or if all statements are correct EXCEPT.
- If you have read the question carefully, your first impression of the correct answer is usually the right choice to make.
Smile and Relax! We have provided you with every opportunity to do well.