Later-life Love and Marriage - Yours, Mine, Ours.Theirs?
How many of your clients are on their second, third or even fourth marriage? How many have blended families? How many are now 'living together' but do not realize that this might be considered a common law marriage? What implications does a later life marriage have on private care agreements, family arrangements including loans and guarantees, or wills and advance planning documents? You and your clients may be surprised. This seminar will provide an overview of common misconceptions and provide some insights in how to improve your practice on these important issues.
- knowing key questions to ask - the 'what ifs'
- triggering to common law, same sex and 'informal' relationships which may have legal implications
- awareness of how later life relationships and marriage may affect wills, gifts
- understanding issues relating to capacity to marry or divorce
Step 1: Resource Material. Click Below to download and review support material:
Step 2: Feature Presentation. Click on ‘Launch’ to load the module presentation:
Step 3: Review the Quiz Instructions and Tips. The option to start the quiz will not be available until you complete the module presentation.
To load the quiz, you must 'Refresh' this page after completing the Feature Presentation lesson. To Refresh the page, click on the F5 key or click on the reload symbol to the right of the address bar. Remember -- the quiz will not be available to load until you have viewed the full presentation.
5 questions associated with this module will be downloaded.
You must receive a score of at least 75% (4/5 questions answered correctly) to successfully complete this module.
If you do not achieve a score of 75% with your first try, don't worry, as you will be given the opportunity to retry the quiz, and another set of 5 questions will be made available to you.
Since the questions are selected randomly from a pool of questions, some of the questions may or may not be the same as the previous quiz.
You will notice that once you have completed a question, the correct answer will be highlighted in green, and any incorrect selection that was made will be highlighted in pink.
- Although we wanted to create reasonably challenging questions, we did not intend to create 'trick' questions. If it feels like a trick question to you -- please re-read the question carefully and ask yourself what fact or concept is being questioned.
- This is NOT a timed quiz. Take all the time you need to consider the question and make your best selection.
- Be attentive to questions asking which statement is NOT correct, or if all statements are correct EXCEPT.
- If you have read the question carefully, your first impression of the correct answer is usually the right choice to make.
Smile and Relax! We have provided you with every opportunity to do well.